Wednesday, August 26, 2009

War of the Worlds

After listening to the excerpts from the radio show “War of the Worlds”, I agree with the statement. It was very realistic for the 1930s. The sad part is that these kind of deceptive illusions are even possible today and they can create mass panic even today. Media is the most influential thing on this planet today. Media is our only source of global communication. I believe that part of the reason we fall into this illusion is because we trust the media. We watch news channels such as BBC and CNN because we know they are reliable and they give good and accurate and non-biased coverage of events. But if these news channels report that they are UFO sightings and show us images, then we are going to likely to fall for it depending on how realistic it seems. ‘Seeing believing’ is the motto of the media today. The other day I was watching this video on YouTube about alien life form under going post mortem. The video was so realistic that I fell for it. It had such good special effects and acting, that I couldn’t believe it was a fake video. We are truly powerless to the influence of media. The question is- If we don’t believe them, then whom should we actually believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment