Saturday, 3rd September 2009
10:00am-12:00pm
- Read At Risk
- Read Le Figaro, Vanity Fair, Jerusalem Post Magazine, Instyle
-Ads in the magazines and sites
- Use Laptop for doing homework, blogging, watching videos on Youtube and Megavideo
- Brands in the Bathroom- Sunsilk, Dove, Nivea, l'Oreal, Lux
12:00pm-22:00
- Watching videos on youtube and Megavideo
-Ads on th sites
Reflection:
As predicted, I am less exposed to media on weekends. I think, for an average person it would be more because, he/she goes out on weekend, unlike me. I saw no ads of the movie 'The Informant' this time, and i didn't see many ads of scientology. There were still lots of dating websites, where ever I surfed. There were two things I noticed, online war games have sexual images of woman warrior to attract young adults or atleast catch their eye. I find it very disturbing to think a young boy logs on to these games because he sees imgaes of such kinds. I feel ashamed to confess but, I brought a dress from a boutique called Cassidi and I had no idea it was famous. But, when I saw its ad in the Jerusalem Post Magazine, I was happy that I owned some kind of designer material. Should I have been proud that I owned something branded?
No comments:
Post a Comment