Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Corporation

After doing some research on the statement given by 'The Corporation', I am seeing the world of corporations in a new light. How ignorant have corporations become today? I had say completely ignorant. Money has the corporations doing things we would never imagine. And I must say they are doing a great job of covering it up. Millions of dollars are spent on advertising the products in a good light. For example, McDonalds with its appealing red and yellow colored advertisements and tasty burgers is able to attract millions into their restaurants. I mean, comeon who would think twice before grabbing one of their burgers?!! But those consumers who think out of the circle figure out that their is something suspicious about the mass production of meat. And when they question the corporations about the truth, I am sure the corporation would not hesitate throw another milllion dollars into staging how beautiful and clean their farms are.

So who will stand up for public good? Ofcourse there are ways. But some can get you in trouble. The corporate owners can be bad, but that does not mean those working within corporation are also bad. But if they raise their voice then they will lose their job. The media sorporations are interconnected in so many ways that it is like saying that it is keeping an eye on each and every rebel. So McDonals might have a contract with Fox News, and those persons within the agency who want report about animal abuse might not be able to. The government can help but unless and until there are stricty guideline this is not possible. A country might have against animal abuse, but they are only of use when implementes properly.But I think the main force which can really work is the force of the consumer. The public when united like PETA can help in overturning situations. It will take some time but if documentaries like The Meatrix are widely circualted, then it woll create more awarness. Just like protest in Bolivia against privatisation of water helped to stop it, public unity can work pretty well in bringing down animal abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Anneka,

    Make sure to post this on the class blog so other students are able to view it. Thanks,

    Mrs. b

    ReplyDelete